IQAC Monthly Report
December - January (2019-2020)
- A three-day district science program named 'Sasthrapadam 2020' was organized by the Department of Physics for plus-one students of Wayanad, from 24th to 26th Jan 46 students who participated in the programme. The programme was funded by Samagra Shiksha Kerala.
- The college organized a programme on 27th Jan 2020 to felicitate Capt. Dr. Rajeev Thomas, who won the Defense Ministers' commendation card for the flood-related activities in 2018-19.
- The Department of English inaugurated the English Association.
- The Health Ministry, Govt. of Kerala organized a medical checkup for the staff on 29th Jan 2020. The Primary Health Centre, Kurukkanmoola conducted the programme.
- The Revenue Department conducted a Constitution Awareness Quiz programme as part of National Voters Day (Jan 25th). National voter’s day was observed and an awareness campaign was conducted by the district administration. Mr Tovino Thomas a noted film star inaugurated the programme and released the logo for the college fest on 31st Jan 2020.
- A seminar on 'Role of youth in conflict resolution & Peacebuilding' was organized by Neethi Vedhi and Mary Matha Art & Science college on 3rd &4th Feb 2020 and 80 students participated from various colleges. 27 of our students participated in the seminar.
- Mary Matha Fest: - A tech-fest was organized for all departments on 6th and 7th Feb 2020. Various departments also inaugurated their Associations. Mary Matha fest was inaugurated by Master Dwain Ben & Ms Daviya Ben, noted child artists.
- Academic Excellence Day 2020 was celebrated on 10th Feb 2020. The function was inaugurated by Mar Jose Porunnedam, the Bishop of Mananthavady, and Dr K T Varkey, the founder principal of the college was the chief guest. In the function, Dr K T Varkey honored Captain Dr Rajeev Thomas, Defence Ministers' commendation card winner. Mr Don Benny, Mr Joji Jose, Mr Aswin Prasad were also honored for their achievements Mr Don Benny participated in the RD Parade at New Delhi, Mr Joji Jose participated in the Thal Sainik Camp at New Delhi and won the gold medal. Mr Aswin Prasad won DGNCC commendation card. Ms Amrutha E P who won 8th position in the National Powerlifting and the Best Outgoing students Ms Midhuna & Ms Anusha were awarded medals in the function. This year's luminous aluminous Mr Sarath Sasi was presented with a memento. Proficiency prizes were also distributed in the function.
- Srumitha Y S of Department of Physics has been selected to participate in the NSS National Integration Camp.
- On 11th Feb 2020 Goan institute international consortium of education PVT Ltd (GICE) conducted the final round of the recruitment session for those who cleared the second round. Nine of our students got placed as a Skill Development Faculty Trainer in GICE.
- Fit India movement, the action is taken report of January 2020 was uploaded in the required portal on 13th Feb 2020.
- As a part of National Science Day (Feb.28), a seminar competition on 'Women In Science', (this year's theme on science day) was organized on 14th Feb 2020. Mr Selvarajan L, Additional Secretary to Govt. (Rtd), was the resource person. Winners were awarded certificates.
- Department of Commerce organized a career orientation class and recruitment campaign for the students of III Bcom on 15th February 2020.
May - June
Interviews for the appointment of the guest faculty wasconducted and teachers were appointed for the academic year 2019-20.
The Kannur University, UG course syllabus was restructured and our faculty members attended the workshop as well as the board of studies meeting.
Our teachers attended valuation duty for the II semester UG and PG examinations in the month of May.
Students from our college attended the AICUF state level exposure camp held at Xavier Training Institute Pachilakkad, Wayanad.This camp was held from 2nd to 4th June, 2019.
The college reopened after the summer vacation on 6th June for the academic year 2019-20. Classes for the second year and third year B.A/B.Sc/ B.Com and M Sc second year started on 6th June 2019.
Anusha Tom, BSc Zoology and MidhunaV Ajith, BSc Mathematics who topped the Kannur University UG Examination were felicitated during the Staff Council meeting and the common meeting held in the Auditorium on 6th June 2019. Manager, Principal, Staff and students congratulated them.
Dr Geetha Antony Pullen took charge as the co-ordinator of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell.
Admission to the UG and PG courses will be through the single window system. Online registration for PG admissions closed on 26 May and UG on 28 May. Trial allotment was published on 25 May.
Volleyball coaching camp for Indian Navy Team began on 27th May in association with the Department of Physical Education. This will help our students to get good exposure.
First year M Sc admission stared on 14th June and their classes will start on 17th June. First year degree college level admission will start on 19th June 2019 and classes will commence on 26th June 2019.
The NSS unit of the college planted tree saplings in the campus as a part of the Environment day celebration.
Aptitude tests, personal grooming sessions and soft skills training for final year students were organised by P&G and Malayala Manorama on 12th June 2019.
A motivation class for all maths students was taken by Dr Nisar KS, Associate Professor of Mathematics, Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia.
Fifteen of our students donated blood on World Blood Donor Day, 14th June 2019. College made a blood donors directory.
June - July
ACCA Orientation Programme was conducted by the Department of Commerce for IInd & IIIrd year commerce students on 17/06/2019. The programme was led by Mr.Shone Babu, Strategic manager of ISDC.
Department of Commerce conducted an Alumni interaction programme on 19/6/19. Mr Ansar Usman, Department of Commerce, interacted with our IIIrd year B.Com students.
‘’Reading Week” was celebrated with great enthusiasm from 19th to 25th June. Department of English conducted an essay competition & quiz competition on Reading Day and Department of Commerce organized memory Test, debate, poster making, cartoon competition, quiz competition etc.
International Yoga Day was observed on 21st June. The programme was formally inaugurated at 7.45 am by Dr Maria Martin Joseph, Principal, Mary Matha College. 142 NCC cadets from GVHSS Mananthavady, Government College Mananthavady and Mary Matha College participated in the event. Capt. Dr Rajeev Thomas, Mr. Henri Maria Das and officials from Excise Department, Volley ball players of Indian Navy, Coach Mr Sheejith were also present.
NCC Cadets, who were assigned Loksabha election duty in April 2019, were congratulated by the Sub Collector in a special meeting which was held at the Municipal Town Hall on 22nd June 2019.
An Orientation programme was conducted for the newly inducted Assistant Professors of the college on 25th June. Dr Jose K M, Rtd. Principal, N M S M Govt. College, Kalpetta was the resource person.
IQAC conducted a model PSC Test for the IInd Year and IIIrd year students of the college. The class toppers in the model PSC test were felicitated by Fr. George Myladoor, Manager of our college.
- The First year Degree classes commenced on 26th June for the academic year 2019-20.
- Vimukthi club organized an awareness campaign on the hazards of drug abuse, they also screened a short film produced and directed by the students as a part of the National Anti-Drug Day.
- Department of Mathematics observed ‘National Statistics Day’ on 1st July 2019. A seminar was conducted on the topic ‘Statistics - History & Future’. Sammuel, IInd year BSc Computer Science student, made a presentation on Statistics- future and scope, as a part of ‘Statistics Day’ celebration.
- PTA representative Council meeting was held on 4th July to select new members to the Executive committee 2019-20. Mr Sudhakaran P K was elected as the Vice President of PTA.
- Conducted Inter Departmental Volley Ball tournament in the college indoor court.
- Induction and orientation programme for the first year students was conducted on 8th, 9th and 10th of July by IQAC. Orientation program for parents also conducted on 8th July 2019.
- Students of our college attended the AICUF state election camp held at AICUF Center Thiruvananthapuram, from 5th to 7th of July. Mr Melvin was elected as the state joint secretary of AICUF Kerala.
- Cultural Programme “Magneto” was organized to identify the talents as well as entertainment.
- Mr.Arun Johney (2019 Chemistry batch) who qualified JAM and got admission in NIT Suratkal was felicitated in the college. He thereafter motivated the students and gave those tips and guidelines for the JAM preparation.
- P N Panicker Foundation in collaboration with Department of Higher Education, MHRD and National Digital Library India organized a half day seminar cum workshop for our students to popularize the digital library as learning resource.
July - August
- On 22nd July 2019, Department of Chemistry published two text books for core course and complementary course.
- Kargil Day was observed on 26th July 2019: To commemorate Operation Vijay, NCC students of the college, observed Kargil Day by organizing an exhibition and a flash mob on the theme 'Patriotism'. The NCC cadets also took initiative in helping out Assam flood victims.
- On 6th July, Dr Ajayakumar and Dr John Joseph, Syndicate members, Kannur University, visited the college to inspect the infrastructure and other facilities prior to sanctioning new courses applied for. Courses applied are M Com, MA English, MSc Zoology, BSc Botany, B Com and B A Economics.
- A motivational talk and guidance on P G entrance Examinations by Dr. Sarath Sasi (Asst. Professor, IIT Palakkad), was organized by Department of Physics on 30th July 2019.
- Conducted an orientation programme for the II year NSS Volunteers. Mr Joseph M I of Sacred Heart HSS Dwaraka was the resource person on 20th July.
- Orientation Programme for I year students was on 1st & 2nd August. The resource persons for the same were Mr. Alex Mathew (Director) and Mr. Balachandran (Psychologist) from T- Horizon, Ernakulam.
- An awareness class was conducted on 'Health and diseases' for the II year NSS Volunteers (3rd August 2019). Dr Nubhu Chandran, Chief Medical Officer, Periya Health centre.
- Best Anchor contest was conducted on 25.07.19. The objective was to identify the best anchors in the college.
- Seven students of our college participated in the District level Youth Parliament (29.07.19 to 31.07.19) conducted by Nehru Yuva Kendra, at Girivikas Centre, Appappara, Thirunelli.
- District Legal Services Authority, Wayanad organized a talk on 'Cyber Laws and cyber-crime' for the III year students on 6th august 2019.
- On 22nd July 2019, Literary club was formed.The club decided to take active part in the National Digital Library of India.
- Monthly programme of The Music and Film Club was organized. Fresher's Day was organized on 5th August 2019.
August - September
- Fresher's Day was organized on 5th August 2019. The newcomers were welcomed in a friendly atmosphere to encourage their creativity and to boost their confidence.
- Due to heavy rain college was closed as per the district collector's order (7, 8, 9, 13, 14 August). The said days will be compensated by working on Saturdays. Those leave days our NCC, NSS, other students volunteers actively participated in the flood relief activities- [9th to 18th August 2019].
- NCC students visited two relief camps, at St. Catherine's HSS Payyampally & Govt. HSS Arattuthara. NSS volunteers in association with KCYM & catechism teachers cleaned the flood affected areas at Kottiyoor. Our NSS volunteers collected food items from Thrilissery and sent them to the camp.
- NCC volunteers as a part of Flood Relief Activity, helped in loading, unloading and sorting relief materials sent from various parts of the country with the Mananthavady Taluk Administration at the Divisional Forest Office. They also helped in distributing the relief materials. At the District Forest office Mananthavady, one of the collection & distribution centres the NCC volunteers along with Dr Maria Martin Joseph (Principal), Dr Captain Rajeev Thomas (ANO) & Dr Geetha Antony Pullen (IQAC Coordinator) visited the collection center & became a part of every activity. We concluded our activity by cleaning the Taluk office Mananathavady as a part of Collector's Clean Wayanad Mission.
- NSS volunteers cleaned-the flood affected houses at Thavinjal and Koilery, the premises of the scout office at Mananthavady. NSS volunteers also participated in various programmes at the Arattuthara camp.
- The college celebrated the 73rd Independence Day .The national flag was hoisted by the principal and the Independence Day message was also delivered. After the function,we joined the DFO office in the relief activities.
- Amal Abraham of II BSc Mathematics will representing Wayanad in the National Level Youth Parliament at Delhi conducted by Nehru-Yuva Kendra. The National Youth Parliament will encourage the youth to engage in public issues, understand the common man's point of view, enhance decision making abilities, to develop in them respect and tolerance for the views of others, to obtain and document their opinions on vision of new India in 2020.
- The college has registered itself in the Kerala State job portal. www.kerala state job portal. This will help the students to find employment or carrier as soon as they complete their Degree and PG.
- District Legal Services Authority organized a talk on 'Cyber Laws' for the first year students. The resource person was Adv. Sajimon Mathew.
- On 29th August College Celebrated the National Sports Day and Fit India Movement 2019. The inaugural session began at 1.45pm. The session was inaugurated by our Manager Rev Fr. George Myladoor. Mr Shefeeque K M (Cult Fit-Centre of Fitness, Bangalore, and Dance Fitness Trainer) was the resource person for the day. All the students and staff of the institution participated in the programme. Mr Shefeeque conducted the training session for 1 ½ hours. The students participated with great enthusiasm. The programme ended at 3.30 pm. It was indeed refreshing. Interdepartmental Badminton competition was conducted in the afternoon session.
- The college conducted a presentation and screening test in connection with Youth Talk-to select 10 students to represent the college. The selected students will get an opportunity to interact with our Honorable MP Shri Rahul Gandhi on his visit. Debate and discussion on Youth Talk Topic: Man and wildlife conflict.
- Department of English conducted a spell-bee competition and quiz competition for the students of the department based on the life and works of Ernest Hemmingway, J. K Rowling, Alexander Dumas.
- College Students Union Election training for Presiding officers, Polling officers and Counting officials was conducted. Also Meet the Candidate programme was organized on 4th September. On 5th September Election for the student’s council was conducted in Presidential mode.
- Onam was celebrated with fun & frolic on 3rd afternoon & 4th September with Onappaattu, Maveli, Pookkalam and Onana Sadhya.
- Pre Ph D synopsis submission presentation of Ms Navya Gopal (Research Scholar), Research Dept. of Zoology was conducted on 7 September 2019 in our seminar hall by the Supervising guide Dr Sudha Devi. Principal, Manager, Doctoral Committee Chairperson, research scholars, PG and UG students from Kannur University center and our college were present.
September - October
- Examination: Internal Examinations for III Semester, V Semester UG and III Semester P G students were conducted from 17/09/19 to 23/09/19 Vth semester U G and III Semester P G University examination started on10/10/19 and 11/10/2019 respectively. Internal examination for I Semester U G and I Semester P G started 09/10/2019 and is expected to finish on 16/10/2019.On 22nd July 2019, Department of Chemistry published two text books for core course and complementary course.
- Higher Education Conclave: Aim: Job oriented higher education course and specialisations with a hands-on experience towards training students to excel in the competitive exams. Resource persons: Prof JiIthin Benedict and Prof Vinu Wilson, from Naipunnya College Chalakkudi, conducted a session for the students of BCom on 18/09/19.
- Orientation on Tally: [19/09/19] A programme was conducted by G TEC for 1st year and 2nd year Bcom students to make them aware of the various courses available in G-TEC, connected with commerce. Plenty of information was provided regarding jobs and other opportunities provided by G -TEC to commerce graduates. Their coordinator Mr. Anoop and Mr. Sajin Das took the class. The programme was coordinated by our commerce teachers Ms Rajitha Xavier and Ms Ramya Krishnan.
- Felicitation & Jubilee celebration: [23/09/19] The zoology department felicitated Dr Maria Martin Joseph (Principal), Dr Joseph K J (HoD of Malayalam), Dr Rajeev Thomas (HoD of Chemistry) and Dr Mercy Ignatious (HoD of Zoology) who completed 25 years of teaching in our institute. They were honoured by the students on their Jubliee.
- College Union and Fine Arts Club inauguration:[26/09/19] Chief Guest for the event: Sri Bala Prasad Violinist. The inaugural session was followed by violin performance by the guest and in the afternoon session cultural programs for and by the students. A team from each department performed on the occasion. Mr Amal Abraham who participated in the student parliament at New Delhi was honored during the function.
- Drug Abuse Awareness campaign and Kathak Performance: The Drug Abuse Awareness programme was followed by a Kathak performance by renowed Kathak artist Ms Shlini Sharma. The programme was organized by Ms Shalini Sharma in collaboration with Spic Macay. The state coordinator Spic Macay, Mr Unni Varier also was present.
- Gandhi Jayanthi-2019: NCC and NSS units of the college participated in the Swachhata Hi Sewa campaign on 02/10/19. NCC units of Mary Matha Arts & Science College, Govt. College and GVHSS Mananthavady jointly organized a mini marathon - an awareness campaign from Gandhi park Mananthavady to Mary Matha college. Dr Vaibhav Saxena IPS flagged off the marathon. A total of 150 students (60 from our college) participated in the event. 150th Gandhi Jayanthi celebrations began under the auspices of the NSS on October 2nd 2019, in the college auditorium. The one week programme was inaugurated by Rev Fr George Myladoor, Manager. Dr Rakesh Kalia, HoD, Hindi, delivered the keynote address in the function presided by Dr Maria Martin Joseph, Principal. After the formal function, the first year students were engaged in cleaning of the Karttikulam- Mananthavady road. The premises was cleaned and the waste materials were brought to the college for disposal. The Cultural Programmes scheduled for October 2nd was held in the auditorium- speech and quiz competition, poster making competition and other activities were held as a part of the celebrations. Various programmes to commemorate Gandhiji will be held in the coming days. The oneweek programme will conclude with a street play which is scheduled on October 11th 2019 at Gandhi park, Mananthavady.
- Conducted Power quiz for the students of the college on 03/10/2019. It was organized by the KSEB Officers' Association.
- On 04/10/19 Gandhi quiz for the students of the college was organized by the NSS volunteers of the computer science department.
- On 05/10/19 versification competition and essay writing competition for the students was organised by the NSS volunteers of Zoology department and Commerce department respectively.
- NSS of Mathematics department conducted a debate competition on the topic "Is Gandhi relevant today' and drawing competition by volunteers of Physics department on 10/10/2019.
- 23 NCC students attended CATC at HQ, West hill, Kozhikode. Anupama Rajeev & Don Benny got selected into the Pre RD Camp I.
- Achievements: (i) Amal Abraham, participated in the National Youth Parliament organized under the GOI-UNDP-UNV project 'Strengthening NYKS and NSS' at India Habitat Center, Lodhi Road, New Delhi, on 18th and 19th September 2019. (ii) Joji Jose, II year Physics , participated and won the Gold Medal in Health & hygiene at the All India Thal Sainik Camp, New Delhi. He represented the Kerala & Lakshadweep NCC Directorate. (iii)College women wrestling team won the runners up trophy in the Kannur University Inter Collegiate wrestling championship held at S N College, Kannur on 5 October 2019.
October - November
- Uploaded Fit India Movement -Plogging Run was organized in the college on 15th October.
- Examination Clinic: An examination clinic was conducted on 17th October for I year students as they are facing the university examination for the first time.
- Amal Satheeshan, First BSc Chemistry, was honored in the class for winning the Silver Medal in the University wrestling competition.
- On 18th October, 15 of our first year students participated in the Speak for India Competition held at Brennen College, Thalassery. Sidharth B & Ardra K C of First BA English and Nirmal of First BSc Physics were selected to participate in the Zonal level debate competition.
- On 21st October, End semester examination started for III semester students and VI semester classes commenced.
- On 23rd October Sidharth B (I BA English) & Sreeshma C R (I Msc Computer Science) participated in the District Level Power Quiz. They bagged first prize in the same.
- Two NCC cadets, Anupama Rajeev (III Chem)) and Don Benny (II Phy) were selected to participate in the Pre R D camp.
- On 24th October students & staff joined in forming a human chain to protest against the decision of the Department of Forestry to plant Teak saplings in the forest land after felling the natural forest and causing deforestation. The programme was organized by the Municipality of Mananthavady.
- Sneha Dineshan, Sujila PS, Aswani Ayanath (Research Scholars) participated in the National Seminar on 'Zoology – Interdisciplinary approaches 2019' conducted by Department of Zoology, Madapally Govt college at Vadakara on 24th &25th October 2019.
- On 25th October Sidharth B, (I BA English) won II Prize in the District level elocution contest conducted by the Co-operative Department.
- Aparna D Nair, Dibin V P, Sona Jolly participated in the district level declamation contest on 'Patriotism & Nation building 2019-2020 conducted by Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan at Kalpetta. On 28th October the College community observed vigilance awareness (anti-corruption) day and took a pledge.
- On 30th October End semester examination for I Semester began.
- On 31st October NSS Volunteers took a pledge on National Unity Day- the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
- On 1st November Malayala Bhaasha Vaaraacharanam (one week observation of Malayalam Language) in connection with Keralapiravi was inaugurated with a group Mohiniyattam performance and other competitions.
- Mary Matha Chess team won the Kannur University Inter Collegiate Chess Championship (women) and the Second runners up (Men) title. Anusha Jose (II Zoology) & Ashish Thomas Alex (III BCom) are selected for South Zone Inter University Chess Championship.
- On 4th November "Examination clinic" was conducted by the Department of English for students appearing for University exam".
- On 5th November End Semester Evaluation of activities was assessed by IQAC. It evaluated all the Criteria, Department, Clubs, Associations, Library and Office through a presentation and open discussion. Infrastructure Development Plan was presented by Dr Maria Martin Joseph (Principal).
- On 12th November 15 students from our college participated in an interaction session with Dr Shahi Tharoor, held at Kalpetta. The programme was organized as a part of the 'Honour the contributions of Jamal Sahib, the founder of WMO institutions'.
- On 13th November Col. C.S.B. Moorthy, CO, 5(k) Bn. NCC, Wayanad, Visited the NCC units of the college and interacted with the Cadets.
- Uploaded PEN R on 14/11/2019- Best practice details in the NAAC (naacsda.PDA @Gmail.com) Website.
- Delegates from Marian College Kuttikkanam interacted with the Final year students of BA Functional English on Higher Education opportunities for English graduates'.
- On 15th November a One day national seminar on 'Easy Communication Tips and Meditation'. Sessions were led by Sri Baba Alexander, founder of one world one language movement. The seminar was organized in association with National Child Development Council.
- Department of Zoology organized a one day seminar on 'Butterfly migration in the Western Ghats' Resource Person: Mr. Vinayan PA, President, Ferns Nature Conservation Society, Mananthavady.
November - December
- Department of Computer Science: conducted an orientation programme on "Software Development" for the final year UG & PG students. The Resource person was Mr Manikandan P, Future Labs Calicut.
- Department of Computer Science: NET Coaching class was conducted from 05/11/2019 to 22/11/2019.
- Dance Club: The club was inaugurated by the principal Dr Maria Martin Joseph, on 18/11/19. A one day dance workshop was conducted by the D16 dance studio, Kannur on the occasion.
- The career guidance and placement cell organized a pre recruitment orientation programme and recruitment drive on 19/11/19. Goan Institute International Consociation of Education Pvt. Ltd (GICE), was the candidate seeker. 45 students participated of which 32 got shortlisted to the II round.
- Department of Zoology: Felicitate Mr Akhil Prakash E, alumnus & an explorer. He was one among the Indian Artic Expedition Team 2019. He shared his experiences and conducted a seminar on Marine Zoology.
- The NCC Cadets who participated in the flood relief activities were appreciated by Mr Shaju N I, Thahasildar, Mananthavady, and distributed certificates of appreciation.
- NCC: An awareness session on Electors Verification Programme (EVP) was conducted by the Revenue Department at the college, on 19/11/19.
- Mr Ashraf Associate Professor in Mathematics, Govt Eng. College, Mananthavady inaugurated the Mathematics Association on 20/11/19. A seminar on 'Discrete Time Marko Chain' was conducted.
- Mr George Thomas, CBCSS Co-coordinator led faculty and the first year students on 21/11/19. The workshop was on Revised Regulations of CBCSS in affiliated colleges of Kannur University- implemented with effect from 2019.
- 'Shashtra jaalakam'- State Institute for Education & Technology (SIET) sponsored programme to build scientific temper among the high school students of Wayanad District, was hosted in the college. The three day programme (22nd to 24th Nov. 2019) was coordinated by Dr Sijo A K, (Asst. Professor in Physics). Sixty students from various schools of Wayanad District participated.
- A condolence meeting was held by AICUF students on 22/11/19 in remembrance of Shehla Sherin student of Govt. Sarvajana School, Sultan Bathery.
- Adharsh Raj (2nd year MCJ student, Central university of Tamil Nadu), an alumnus of the Department of English, conducted an orientation programme for the Third year BA Functional English students on the topic: "Higher studies in Central universities".
- On 24/11/19, Aswin Prasad (2016-19) won a commendation award for his Flood Relief Activities in 2018 as a NCC cadet. He received cash prize and certificate for the same.
- Eleven of our students participated and won medals in the District Level Power Lifting Championship held at Kalpetta (24/11/19).
- 'World differently Abled Day' (3/12/19) was fruitfully spent with the children of 'Buds School', Kartikulam. The school is run by the Punchayath for differently-abled children. Our college students conducted various cultural programmes, recreational activities, minor games and yoga demonstration was performed for them.
- Our college men and women team won the Kannur University Intercollegiate table tennis championship held at 'MM Knowledge Arts and Science College', Karakkundu on 6th and 7th December 2019.
- Our college men team won the second runner up position in the Kannur University Intercollegiate Archery Championship held at 'KMM College', Kannur (9/12/19).
- A workshop for the sixty students from the Department of Zoology visited the science exhibition organized by the Dept. of Zoology, at Govt. Arts & Science College, Meenchanda, Calicut.
- Third-year BA (Functional English) students attended a two-day National Seminar on "Painted words and printed Images: Politics of visual culture in literature and Art". It was conducted by the Department of English, Govt. College, Mananthavady on 10th and 11th December 2019.
- The college conducted an essay competition on "Paristhithi Souhrudum - Susthira Vikasanam- Navakeralam ente Kazhchappadil" as instructed by the Higher Education Department (10/12/19).
- Kannur University Union performed 'Kala jada' a cultural procession, in our campus on 13/12/19.
- The Women Cell of the college organized a Workshop on Self-defense techniques in association with the Kerala Police, Kalpetta on 13/12/19.
December - January (2019-2020)
- Fine Arts Day - On 18th December the Students' Union organized and conducted the Fine Arts competitions.
- On the same day, the department of zoology organized a blood donation camp as a part of the Zoology Association's inauguration. The blood group directory of the college was also released during the function by the chief guest Dr. Binija Merin Joy, Blood Bank Medical officer.
- Kannur university Intercollegiate Yoga championship – The College hosted the Kannur University Intercollegiate yoga Championship on 9.12.2019. Colleges Affiliated to Kannur University participated in the championship. School of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Kannur University won Women's championship and Mary Matha Arts & Science College, Mananthavady won Men's championship. Mary matha Arts & Science College Mananthavady and Department of Physical Education won the Runners' Up trophy in Women's and Men's respectively.
- National Mathematics Day Celebrated - The birth anniversary of Sri Ramanujan the world-renowned Indian mathematician was celebrated with pomp and gaiety by the Department of Mathematics. They organized puzzle-solving sessions, a seminar on mathematicians, fancy dress of famous mathematicians and Mathematical Christmas card competitions (The birth anniversary fell on 22nd December and it is a holiday, we celebrated the same on 19th December).
- Christmas celebration - Rev. Fr. George Myladoor gave the Christmas message and Inter class carol singing competition was held. Christmas gifts and cakes were distributed by Santa Claus on 20.12.2019.
- NSS residential camp - Seven days NSS Camp was organized at St Catherine's Higher Secondary School Payyampally from 20th to 26th December 2019. The camp was inaugurated by noted writer Mr Sadir Thalapuzha, Rev. Fr. George Myladoor Manager of our College delivered the keynote address and Dr Maria Martin Joseph (Principal) presided over the function.
- Alumni Meeting - Annual Alumni meeting was held on 26.12.2019.
- International Karate Championship - International Karate Championship of JSKA was held in our indoor stadium on 28th & 29th December 2019.
- Annual Sports Day - 25th Annual Sports Day was conducted on 07.01.2020. Kum. Shalu Shajee, Asian Powerlifting gold Medal Winner inaugurated the sports meet.
- Workshop for non-teaching staff - A two-day state-level workshop was conducted in our auditorium on the 11th and 12th of Jan 2020. The aim of the study camp was to familiarize the non-teaching staff with SPARK, BIMS, PFMS, and other service matters. The camp was inaugurated by our MLA, Sri O R Kelu.
- Kannur University Inter-Collegiate Cricket Championship - Kannur University Inter-Collegiate Cricket Championship was conducted in the college from 13th to 24th Jan 2020.
- Kannur University Intercollegiate fine arts competitions will be held from 15th to 19th Jan 2020 at Payyannur College, Payyannur. 110 students from our college will be participating.