- Internal Quality Assurance Cell, in fact, is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level.
- Mary Matha Arts & Science College has an internal quality assurance system, with appropriate structure and processes, and with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders.
- The internal quality assurance mechanism of the institution is called “Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)”.
- The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the Institution.
- The IQAC channelizes and systematizes the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic
excellence. It is not a hierarchical structure or record-keeping exercise in the institution; it is a facilitative and
participative organ of the institution. The IQAC is the driving force for ushering in quality by working out
intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the HEIs.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- The IQAC has been constituted under the chairmanship of the head of the HEI. He is assisted by the IQAC Coordinator who a senior faculty member.
- The IQAC has the following composition:
- Head of the Institution (Principal) – Chairperson
- Five senior teachers and one senior administrative official - Members
- Two external experts on Quality Management /Industry / Local Community – Members
- Coordinator of IQAC – Member Secretary
- The membership of such nominated members shall be for a period of two years.
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the institution.
- To assure stakeholders connected with higher education namely, students, parents, teachers, staff, would-be
employers, funding agencies and society in general - of the accountability of the institution for its own quality and probity.
- The IQAC evolved mechanisms and procedures for ensuring the following:
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to
adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the Institution, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and
dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing
the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in HEI.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the HEI based on the quality
parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the