- Dr Joseph K J MA (Malaylam), MA (Linguistics), PhD (Linguistics) is Associate Professor at the Deaprtment of Malayalam of this college.
- Has worked as a research fellow at the Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore in the Indo-Japanese Lexicography Project for compiling a Malayalam-English-Japanese dictionary for second language learners.
- Associates with them as a resource person for the production of language teaching materials since 1992.
- Has given his contributions to their projects like Bharathiya Bhasha Jyothy-Malayalam, Language Games in Malayalam and Pictorial Grammar of Malayalam for Second Language Learners.
- Has also associated with their Test and
Evaluation Unit and contributed to the preparation of Multipurpose Indian Languages Evaluation
- Had worked as a lecturer in Malayalam in St Philomenas College, Mysore before joining this college.
- Has completed a UGC-sponsored minor research project titled A Sociolinguistic Study on the Kurichyas of Wayanad.
- Is a resource person of the State Institute of Languages, Kerala, and a subject expert in Malayalam for Kerala State Public Service Commission. He is the Joint Secretary of Kerala Society for Linguistic Research, life member of the Folklore Society of South Indian Languages, the life member of OISCA Intentional.
- Is a member of the Board of Studies (UG- Malayalam from 2006-2010 and PG-Malayalam from 2010 onwards) of Kannur University.
- Is a member of Malayalam Doctoral Committee
of the university and an expert committee member of the Department of Rural and
Tribal sociology, Kannur University.
- Has involved in the design and development of the curriculum and syllabus of MA Tribal Sociology.
- Has been engaging classes for the students of MA Malayalam through distance education programme of Calicut University for the last five years.
- Has also been guiding four research students in Malayalam on areas such as linguistics, folkloristics, media studies and film studies.
- Has published ten research papers and more than twenty articles in noted periodicals.
- Has attended several seminars and workshops and presented about twenty research papers.
- Has three books and a collection of poems in Malayalam to his credit.
- View Complete Profile
- Visit Blog