Dr Shaju P P
- Dr Shaju PP, Associate Professor, did MCJ (Master of Communication and Journalism) at the University of Calicut and qualified NET/JRF (UGC).
- Had worked with The Indian Communicator (Kochi), The United News of India (Thiruvananthapuram) and The New Indian Express (Thiruvananthapuram) before joining the college in 1998.
- Was awarded PhD by the University of Calicut for his thesis on An Exploratory Study of Portrayal and Negotiation of Culture in Malayalam
- Was formerly the Course Director of the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, Kannur University (2010-2012) on deputation.
- During this tenure, he was instrumental in establishing a post graduate department and launching a PG programme in Mass Communication and Journalism (MCJ).
- Has completed one research project awarded by the UGC,
published sixteen textbooks for the under-graduate students of journalism, three
publications in books, two articles in journals and seven paper presentations at national conferences.
- Serves/d a member of the Academic Council, faculty of communication, board of studies, doctoral committee in the Kannur University and the University of Calicut.
- Was the NSS programme officer of the college (2003-06).
- Presently he is the coordinator of Walk With a Scholar programme at the college.
- Serves also as the Coordinator of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Study centre at the College.
- Is also an academic expert of the Wayanad Press Academy and a member
of the Platform for Media and Communication Studies, New Delhi.
- Chairman of the Board of Studies of Journalism (combined).
- Was a former member of the PG Board of Studies in Management of Kerala University
- Presently member of UG Board of studies in Journalism in University of Calicut, and Mar Ivanios College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- PhD guide in Mass Communication and Journalism, Kannur University
- View Complete Profile