· Internal Quality Assurance Cell, in fact, is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the
· Mary Matha Arts & Science College has an internal quality assurance system, with appropriate structure and
processes, and with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders.
· The internal quality assurance mechanism of the institution is called “Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)”.
· The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE)
activities of the Institution.
· The IQAC channelizes and systematizes the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic
excellence. It is not a hierarchical structure or record-keeping exercise in the institution; it is a facilitative and
participative organ of the institution. The IQAC is the driving force for ushering in quality by working out
intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
· To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic
and administrative performance of the HEIs.
· To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality
culture and institutionalization of best practices.
· The IQAC has been constituted under the chairmanship of the head of the HEI. He is assisted by the IQAC
Coordinator who a senior faculty member.
The IQAC has the following composition:
· Head of the Institution (Principal) – Chairperson
· Five senior teachers and one senior administrative official - Members
· Two external experts on Quality Management /Industry / Local Community – Members
· Coordinator of IQAC – Member Secretary
· The membership of such nominated members shall be for a period of two years.
· To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the institution.
· To assure stakeholders connected with higher education namely, students, parents, teachers, staff, would-be
employers, funding agencies and society in general - of the accountability of the institution for its own quality
The IQAC evolved mechanisms and procedures for ensuring the following:
· Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
· The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
· Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
· Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
· The credibility of evaluation procedures.
· The adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
· Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
The IQAC has the following functions:
· Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative
activities of the Institution.
· Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to
adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
· Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related
· Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
· Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of
· Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the Institution, leading to quality improvement.
· Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and
dissemination of good practices.
· Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing
the institutional quality.
· Development of Quality Culture in HEI.
· Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the HEI based on the quality
parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the